Thursday, October 7, 2010

Buddies

We have moved. And since we've moved, we've lost a lot of our trees and landscape. Here's what our yard looks like now.



If you look really closely at this picture, just to the left of the arch, you can see what's left of Palisades Reservoir. In the spring, the water was so high, and now it's not. I guess that's the way things work.

With our move, comes new birds. We've seen the usual birds around here. But we've been seeing large flocks of Mountain Bluebirds. I've never seen this many anywhere! This morning there were probably a dozen! Very cool.


These guys have been hanging out with the Bluebirds. I couldn't decide which picture of the Yellow Rump to use. So I used all of them.




The variety(?) that I've been seeing is very light, with very few dark feathers.

I'm just wondering if these two species generally hang out together? They come in the same flock, and they leave in the same flock! With the dozen Bluebirds, there were at least the same number of Warblers. The sit very near each other on the fence line, adjacent fence posts, and near each other on the ground. Are they perhaps migrating together?

Either way, these are two fantastic birds, and I love having them visit us!

No comments: